Almost 40,000 tickets have been sold for the Football United Tour.
Strong ticket sales for the historic Football United Tour have continued after being on public sale for less than four weeks.
Wellington Phoenix General Manager David Dome said the Club was extremely pleased with the support the public have shown.
“This is a huge undertaking for the Club. But the public have backed us and we are determined to put on a great show for them.
“22,000 tickets have gone in Wellington, 10,000 in Auckland and over 6,000 in Dunedin. That-s almost 40,000 tickets for the Tour so far.
“In Wellington, we-re well ahead of where sales were at for LA Galaxy at the same time so we-re confident of getting the same sold out result”.
Reduced ticket prices for the Auckland and Wellington matches end Sunday 22 June.
“Early bird pricing finishes in less than two weeks so we-re encouraging fans to get in quick to avoid missing out on what promises to be a once in a lifetime sporting experience”, said Dome.
At A Glance
* Early bird pricing for Football United Tour Auckland and Wellington matches finishes Sunday 22 June.
* Newcastle United v Sydney FC, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, Tuesday July 22, 7.30pm
* Wellington Phoenix v West Ham United, Eden Park, Auckland, Wednesday July 23, 7.30pm
* Sydney FC v West Ham United and Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle United, Westpac Stadium Wellington, July 26.
* Tickets available through Ticketek for the Wellington and Auckland events, and TicketDirect for Dunedin.