The Wellington Phoenix will host Adelaide United on Saturday November 19 at 5pm in what will be Eden Park-s first ever professional football match. Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday November 4 for what promises to be a momentous occasion in Auckland-s football history.
The newly redeveloped Eden Park, the traditional home of rugby union and cricket in New Zealand, is now recognised as a world-class multi-purpose stadium and will turn yellow and black as it hosts its first ever game of professional football.
Eden Park CEO David Kennedy says they are really looking toward to hosting the Wellington Phoenix.
“We hope this is the first of many matches the Phoenix will play at the stadium over the coming years and that Auckland-s sport-loving public comes to Eden Park to show their support.”
Wellington Phoenix CEO Nathan Greenham says it is another great first for the Wellington Phoenix, and that it is an honour to be associated with Eden Park.
“For us at the Phoenix, and for all our members and supporters, this is a unique opportunity to be part of another football first in New Zealand. Eden Park is a magnificent stadium and the team is excited about bringing professional football back to New Zealand-s largest city,” Greenham said.
“This is a chance for Auckland to shine and demonstrate that New Zealand-s largest city is keen to see football at the highest level played there. There is no doubt that there will be many interested parties watching to see how this game goes.”
To give fans the best possible chance to see their heroes in person, the match has been competitively priced. Tickets start at just $5 each for a child under 16 with adults at $25. There are also incentives for football club members to get involved.
“The Phoenix is very much a community and family based club in Wellington and we wanted to continue this approach with how we priced the game in Auckland,” Greenham said.
“We have made a very conscious decision to price kids and families competitively so that as many as possible can get along and see the Phoenix play live.
“We-ve also got some special pricing for football club members as well because we are obviously keen to get the football fans from the northern part of the country along”.
A 2011/12 Wellington Phoenix Season Membership entitles members to attend the game at Eden Park at no extra cost. Here are the options members can get their tickets to the game:
1. The easiest way is to call the Wellington Phoenix FC hotline on (04) 384 2457, quoting your membership number. You can then pick up your ticket by presenting your membership card and identification at any Ticketek Agency nationwide or have an Ezyticket emailed to you.
2. Produce membership card and identification at Michael Fowler Centre or St James box office in Wellington, or at Sky City box office in Auckland.
There are no transaction fees for these options.
Please note that every attempt has been made to reserve Phoenix members a seat at Eden Park at an equivalent level to the seat at Westpac Stadium. However, because stadia are of different design identical seating cannot be guaranteed.
Phoenix Lounge members can be allocated Gold tickets should they wish (however there is no lounge access at Eden Park)
• Tickets start at just $5 for a child in the Silver section (ex Booking Fee)
• There is a Family Zone which will have kids entertainment
• There is a special one adult plus two children option for just $35
• There will be a separate Yellow Fever Zone – the Wellington Phoenix-s famous supporters club
• There will be special offers to football clubs in the Northern, Auckland and BOP/Waikato Federations
Tickets are on sale Friday November 4 at 9am. Tickets are available through Ticketek outlets, online at www.Ticketek.co.nz or by ringing 0800 Ticketek or 04 384 2457 for current season members.