As Wellington and New Zealand’s only professional football club, Wellington Phoenix recognises the significant responsibility and opportunity it has to represent the football family and the general community, both of the Wellington region and around the country. The club’s coaches, players and community staff each year spend hundreds of hours working in and with the community.
PHOENIX IN SCHOOLS PROGRAMME
The Phoenix in Schools Programme sees the Club working with local schools to enhance the visibility of football while offering messages and ideas tailored to each school’s curriculum and desires.
All schools around the Wellington region are welcome to participate in this programme. To register your interest, please email our Community Officer, Becky Cooke: email@example.com.
PHOENIX ASSOCIATION WITH CLUBS
The Phoenix provide opportunities for football clubs throughout the Wellington Region to be involved with the club, such as inviting junior players to participate in the Junior Club Parade and asking clubs to provide ball kids and honour guards for home matches. We also endeavour to get our players involved in football prize-givings and club tournaments throughout the year.
To register your interest in club-related opportunities, please email our Community Officer, Becky Cooke: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELLINGTON PHOENIX BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Ever wanted the Phoenix at your birthday party?
Well, now you can, Wellington Phoenix Birthday Parties are returning for 2017/18!
Children can mark their birthdays with an extra-special function at a Wellington Phoenix home game at Westpac Stadium. A Phoenix birthday party is a fresh and exciting event for kids and a stress-free option for parents.
For $32 per Phoenix member child and $42 per non-member child, you will receive:
- A reserved table in the Pipitea or Aotea Lounges at Westpac Stadium
- Reserved seats outside the lounge for your party
- Food and beverage within the lounge (options available)
- A Wellington Phoenix goodie bag
- Visits from Wellington Phoenix Offical mascot, Nixie, or First Team players for photographs and autographs
For full details, please see the brochure below.
Spaces are limited. To book, please email: email@example.com a minimum of three weeks prior to your preferred match.
Phoenix Birthday Party Brochure
The Wellington Phoenix receive many requests for donations, player appearances or assistance each year from a wide variety of organisations and causes, schools and community groups. Whilst we endeavour to provide support where we can, it is not possible to fulfil every request because of the level of demand.
In order to be eligible for a donation/player appearance, a Donation/Player Appearance Application Form needs to be downloaded, completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This procedure ensures that requests are able to be properly recorded and tracked.
Please note that:
- Requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, with priority given to requests that align with the causes supported by the Wellington Phoenix and requests from members and corporate partners.
- Receipt by the Wellington Phoenix of this request does not guarantee that the request will be granted.
- We will confirm receipt of any request and subsequently inform all applicants of the outcome of such request.
- Due to the volume of requests, we will not accept items for signing.
- Requests for monetary donations or sponsorships will not be considered.
- Personal requests for birthdays, weddings or anniversaries will not be considered.
- Player appearance requests must indicate the role to be undertaken by the player(s).
- Players will not participate in any activity where there is a risk of injury. If you are requesting players to participate in a coaching role, please be prepared to have a qualified coach to prepare and run the session.
- Requests must be made at least six (6) weeks in advance of the event.
- Appearances are scheduled for one (1) hour. Any extension of this will be considered at the time of the request, where appropriate.
Please note that in relation to player appearances :
- Player availability is limited during the playing season.
- Players are not available on match day.
- Players are generally not available the day before or after a match.
- Players are entitled to one day off per week as well as four weeks annual leave.
- Once an appearance has been confirmed, it is possible that due to unforeseen circumstances, including amended paying and training schedules, an appearance might have to be cancelled with regret. Although a rare occurrence, we need to bring this to your attention.
In order to include details of the player appearance on the Wellington Phoenix social media, the club seeks approval for photographs of the appearance to be published.
- Lodgement of the “Donation/Player Appearance Request Form” does not guarantee that the request will be met.
- The Wellington Phoenix will attempt to accommodate the request, but it is subject to the request conforming with the Wellington Phoenix Donation/Player Appearance Policy and, where appropriate, the availability of players based on existing club commitments.