The Wellington Phoenix in partnership with Capital Football, is launching the very first girls programme in 2021.
The U15 (2006 and 2007 born) Girls team aligns with New Zealand Football’s Girls Youth Development Pathway which supports full time centralised girls’ programmes delivered by local Federations. The partnership between the Wellington Phoenix and Capital Football allows girls the opportunity to experience a quality programme with access to the following:
- Wellington Phoenix Curriculum
- Coaching by Wellington Phoenix and Capital Football Staff
- Full time training programme including 3 trainings and 1 game in a mixed league each week
- 4 visits from NZF Age Group Staff
- GPS monitoring and tracking
- Access to athlete wellness and loading management systems
- Full medical screening & regular physical reporting – standardised with NZF
- Video analysis through Hudl
- Access to strength and conditioning and on-site physios
- Player Workshops & Personal Development Seminars
As the girls and women’s game grows, the Wellington Phoenix and Capital Football acknowledges its role in supporting emerging female players with an aspirational pathway. With the support of New Zealand Football, Capital Football and the Wellington Phoenix are able to provide a unique opportunity for emerging players to develop with full access to professional club resources.
Players will have the opportunity to be selected through the Wellington Phoenix & Capital Football Girls U15 Identification Camp. There are two routes to register for the Girls U15 Identification Camp.
1. For all players currently registered for a club, your club will send in nominations to attend the Girls U15 Identification Camp on behalf of the players. Please check with your club to see if your club have nominated you.
2. For players unattached to a club and would like to attend the Girls U15 Identification Camp please write into Maia Vink, Capital Football Assistant Federation Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellington Phoenix & Capital Football Girls U15 Identification Camp
Dates | March 6 & 7
Times | 9.00am-1.30pm
Location | Petone Memorial Park
Cost | Free