The Wellington Phoenix Football Club enjoys being involved with local communities in the Wellington region, and the greater Aotearoa.
We are enthusiastic about being out in the community, however player appearance windows are subject to many factors including: training and season schedules, team travel, and individual commitments.
In accordance with PFA regulations (Professional Footballers Association) players are not available 24 hours prior to or on match day.
Wellington Phoenix ask all requesters to clearly read our conditions below before submitting their request via our Wellington Phoenix Player Appearance Request form. Once completed, save as a PDF format and send to email@example.com, or post to NZCIS – Block B, Level 3, 30 Somme Road, Trentham, Upper Hutt 5018.
All requests that abide by our conditions below will receive a response. These responses will indicate if a request is successful or not.
- Player appearances requests must be submitted 4 weeks prior to the event. Requests that do not abide by this requirement will not be considered. This is strictly enforced by the club on account of PFA regulations. These regulations state that players are to be given a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice prior to the requested date.
- Player appearances must last no longer than 1 hour.
- Requests must have a clear outline of the role/activity they wish players’ to be a part of.
- The requester is responsible for providing tables, chairs, and microphones if their request requires these objects.
- Wellington Phoenix are not responsible for last minute player cancellations due to changes in training and season schedules, or injury and illness.
Reasons for player appearances:
- Q&A based on relevant and valuable topics.
- Signing session.
- Running of training sessions.
- Presenting awards at school assemblies or carnivals.
Requests of a personal or unique nature will be considered on a case-by-case basis.