Posted on Wed 28 July
The Wellington Phoenix is New Zealand’s only professional football team. The club currently operates across various segments; the A-League, E- League and Academy. Six A-League final series appearances have provided the platform to watch one of the most exciting brands in the A-League today.
A unique opportunity has arisen to be part of the next phase of growth of the Wellington Phoenix Football Club.
The commercial executive will assist the Head of Commercial in delivering an elite service to the club’s commercial partners and creating new revenue streams.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drive new commercial sales and revenue of the club’s properties
- Manage a portfolio of commercial partners.
- Accountable for the complete end to end servicing and delivery of assigned partners.
- Build and foster strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Support the Head of Commercial with the preparations of sales presentations, research, budgeting and market analysis
Key Competencies include:
- Proven experience in client and/or account management
- Proficient in business development and growing new revenue streams
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and to prioritise competing commitments
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge and a passion for the sports industry.
Not essential but would be viewed as highly advantageous:
- Previous experience in Sports marketing / Commercial Exec position
- Innovative mindset and able to bring new Sports Marketing concepts to life.
- Experience in videography (Filming, editing and compilation)
You will need to be able to multi-task, be calm under pressure, and attend all home games at SKY stadium and/ or Eden Park.
Opportunities like this are rare in an exciting time of growth. You will be coming into a high performing unit. You will combine your passion for sport with a flair for business growth and developing innovative new revenue opportunities.
Academy Business Director
Posted on Tue 8 June 2021
An outstanding and unique opportunity to be part of the next phase in the development of Wellington Phoenix’ Football Academy.
Widely regarded as one of the most successful Academies in the A-League, Wellington Phoenix is looking for a well connected business manager to help fund and build the next stage of growth and development.
Building on the extremely successful foundations in place, you will be passionate about youth development and the role it plays in the club. You will also have a strong business development mind set, with a contact list of potential partners who would like to be involved in the next stage of development of the Academy, that will enable the club to realise its youth development objectives.
You will have excellent communication and relationship management skills that will not only drive business growth, but will also be responsible for the communications with our key customers – the players and parents of the Academy.
Opportunities like this are rare. You will be coming into a highly successful and high performing unit. You will combine your passion for youth development with a flair for business growth and developing innovative business expansion opportunities.
The club receives applications every week for work experience but it is rare for the club to be able to offer work experience to fans and members of the public.
If you would like to apply, please email email@example.com and the club will keep all details on record should an opportunity arise.